At Assure we have made it our mission to keep our clients healthy and out of the hospital. Our clients are receiving home health care after having been hospitalized for congestive heart failure (CHF), a condition for which there is a reportedly high hospital readmission rate is associated. We have developed our @HomeCore Solutions™ CHF Programs with a focus on preventing re-hospitalization of seniors with congestive heart failure.
Assure’s Clinical Supervisor leads a team of Case Manager, Certified Nursing Assistants, and Home Health Aides all specially trained in managing heart disease, to provide specialized Disease Management Protocols, patient-centered care. The care team focuses on coaching and empowering and educating the client with the utilization of Motivation Techniques and Teach Back Methods to self-manage the conditions of the underlying heart disease and to learn how to identify the symptoms that could lead to compromised health.
Heart attacks are traumatic experiences that are frightening for the people who experience them and their families. A healthy recovery often requires cardiac rehab, taking medications, and a significant lifestyle change, all of which can be challenging and stressful.
Our @HomeCore Solutions ™ Disease Management Clinical Pathways for AMI / Heart Attack is an evidence-based, team-oriented program designed to provide comforting support and practical education to develop new lifestyle habits that promote heart health.
Throughout the program, your Care Team Ensures:
• Patient clearly understands the plan of care from the physician and the steps needed to take to optimize their wellness – like learning how to properly use medications and monitoring for side effects, diet, and exercise
• Family feels confident their loved one can self-manage their condition
• Physician is kept up to date on the patient’s condition and made aware of any circumstances that may require attention
• Provides a comprehensive educational overview on the disease process (Teach Back Mythology)
Exclusive @HomeCore Solutions™ Zone Management Resources for CHF/ AMI patients and their families
While there is no cure for CHF, there is an effective treatment as well as lifestyle measures that can help to improve the quality of life. In addition to taking prescribed medication, this includes:
• Reducing Sodium Intake
• Managing Stress and Depression
• Weight Reduction
• Quitting Smoking and Alcohol Consumption